RECP Georgia Project Publications
EU4Environment Action brochure: Towards a green economy in the Eastern Partner countries Progress at Mid-term (2021)
Since 2019, EU4Environment helps the Eastern Partner countries preserve their natural capital and increase
people’s environmental well-being by supporting environment-related action, demonstrating and unlocking
opportunities for greener growth, and setting mechanisms to better manage environmental risks and impacts. More
specifically, EU4Environment aims to:
Further align knowledge, decision-making, and stakeholder interaction mechanisms with environmental imperatives and make political leaders, civil servants and the general public aware and
supportive of green growth;
Scale-up public and private action on circular economy and sustainable production and lifestyles;
Improve incentives and governance mechanisms that aim at correcting market failures related to the
environment thus ensuring a level playing field in the context of intensified economic exchange with the EU;
Improve resilience through the preservation of ecosystem services, with a focus on forests and protected areas;
Facilitate regional knowledge sharing and coordination.
Newsletter Georgia-Monitoring EaPGreen companies , April 2021
This Newsletter covers the implementation of the EU-founded EU4Environment Action on Resource Efficiency and Cleaner Production (RECP) Project. The issue reflects upon the capacity building exercises executed by the National Implementing Partner (NIP) in Georgia under the Result 2 Component (Circular Economy and New Growth Opportunities), with the support of UNIDO.
RECP Navigator is meant for development professionalsetter Georgia-Monitoring EaPGreen companies working in small and medium-sized enterprise (SME) development.
It provides information:
- about the RECP concept, the benefits of – and also challenges related to – RECP for SMEs, as well as the evolution of approaches and instruments for supporting RECP in the past fifty years.
- displays six selected RECP instruments in detail, including some implementation examples from GIZ projects in India, Armenia, Ethiopia and Jordan.
- provides hints and recommendations on what to be aware of when designing and managing an RECP project
RECP Navigator was commissioned and funded by GIZ, on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development.
- Launch of Industrial Waste Mapping in Rustavi and Zestaponi municipalities in Georgia
- Kick off stakeholders meeting article
- Towards a Green Economy in Georgia.This brochure highlights activities under EU4Environment in 2019-20, showing concrete results in Georgia and at the regional level.
The E-cards address a variety of topical issues, such as:
1. Why should my company become greener?
2. Why should I choose the Resource Efficient and Cleaner Production methodology to become greener?
3. How Resource Efficient and Cleaner Production helps to reduce costs?
4. What are the concrete steps of Resource Efficient and Cleaner Production implementation?
5. What support is available for companies?
6. How can I use ‘green’ technologies in Georgia?
E-cards on RECP in all EaP languages
Please note that the ecards could be embedded like a video to any external website via the link <embed>.
- Georgia: Towards Green and Resilient Growth; ECA Sustainable Development Environment, Natural Resources & Blue Economy
- EU4Business Country report Georgia 2020
- Guidelines and best practices for micro-, small and medium enterprises in Georgia in delivering energy-efficient products and in providing renewable energy equipment
- First Training Workshop for Resource Efficient and Cleaner Production Experts in Georgia
- EU4Environment supports a peer review coaching mechanism to scale up RECP demonstrations in Georgia
- EU4Environment fights for waste reduction in the EAP countries- EU4ENVIRONMENT
- Mini-study on Practices of Circular Economy Application
- Assessing the priorities and needs for National Waste Action Plan in Georgia
- GUIDANCE FOR MICRO, SMALL,AND MEDIUM ENTERPRISES BUSINESS RECOVERY in the Wake of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Women ‘s role in inclusive sustainable development. Publication of the Ukraine RECP Center on women’s role in inclusive and sustainable development.
- Project information leaflet 2021
- “Mapping Waste in the Food and Drink Industry”. A report for Defra and The Food and Drink Federation. Oakdene Hollins Research & Consulting. November 2010.
- Mapping Waste in the Food Industry. ”. A report for Defra and The Food and Drink Federation. Oakdene Hollins Research & Consulting. August 2008.
- The European List of Waste (Commission Decision (2014/955/EU)).
- Advanced assessments newsletter
- Opportunities and barriers for RECP financing in Georgia
- RECP project success Booklet 2014-2017
- RECP club newsletter
- Green economy newsletter
- Newsletter, July 2017
- Project Information Leaflet 2017
- RECP Clubs in Georgia 2015-2016. Success stories
- Facilitator’s manual
- RECP Manual for Enterprises
- RECP in Georgian Enterprises 2014-2016. Success stories
- RECP Pocket Guide for the Dairy sector (Georgian)
- RECP Pocket Guide for the Construction Materials Sector (Georgian)
- RECP Pocket Guide for Chemical Industry
RECP Demonstration Project in Georgia (EaP GREEN) became an Observer Member of the Global Network for Resource Efficient and Cleaner production- RECPnet, UNIDO, UNEP, 2015
RESPONSIBLE PRODUCTION HANDBOOK, UNEP, 2010
PRINCIPLES OF POLLUTION PREVENTION AND CLEANER PRODUCTION AN INTERNATIONAL TRAINING COURSE,PARTICIPANT’S MANUA,UNITED STATES ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY, 1998
GUIDELINES FOR WRITING CLEANER PRODUCTION CASE STUDIES,EPA Victoria Publication, 2001
Measuring The Green Transformation Of The Economy: Guide For EU Eastern Partnership Countries. EaP GREEN (2016),Paris