The event will be organized on 28 October 2021 from 11:00 to 13:00 (+4 GMT).
Event objectives The event focuses on the following key objectives:
• Raising awareness among participants and key stakeholders on the “Circular Economy and New Growth Opportunities” Component of the “EU4Environment” Action in Georgia, and discussion of the achieved progress
• Presenting the achievements and plans for implementing the project components since 2020
• Awarding certificates to the participants of the RECP Clubs established in 2020-2021
Participants The event is open to all stakeholders interested in the issues related to green economy, circular economy, resource efficient and cleaner production, industrial development, and environmental protection.
The event participants will include: RECP Club 2020 and RECP Club 2021 member companies, RECP Experts and participants of RECP training programme, representatives from the companies engaged in the project, representatives of RECP Clubs established under EaP Green program. Invitees to the event are: EU4Environment NFPs from the Ministry of Economy and Sustainable Development of Georgia (MOESD) and the Ministry of Environmental Protection and Agriculture of Georgia (MEPA), EU4Environment National Action Coordinator, representatives of regional administrations and municipalities where RECP Clubs were established.
The event will be organized on 28 October 2021 from 11:00 to 13:00 (+4 GMT).
The event will be organized online using the Zoom platform in Georgian language.
The opening session of the event will have simultaneous interpretation into English. Link to join the meeting: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/83602544358?pwd=QzlMVnM2Q3Mvcmp6akdTNTZESG5rQT09
Meeting ID: 836 0254 4358
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) has launched an online resource in Georgian with legal and business guidance to support micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) in their response to new challenges following the COVID-19 pandemic.
The website offers support to deal with financial challenges, manage relationships with suppliers, customers and employees, and steer through operational and strategic challenges. It also contains useful tools to digitalise businesses, as well as to navigate a restructuring process.
The platform provides businesses with legal guidance on corporate, employment and insolvency law, areas in which small firms have a strong demand for know-how and information.
The platform can be accessed here: https://businessguide.ebrd.ge/
launched the project “Free Website for Business”. The 100 winners of the competition will be given a website tailored to their business activities for free.
The competition is open to all entrepreneurs registered in Georgia who want to sell their products online. The project aims to promote the development of online commerce in Georgia.
The Chamber of Commerce and Industry provides for 100 winning entrepreneurs:
• Making a free website;
• Free website management training;
• 1 year free domain;
• 1 year free hosting;
• Technical support;
To participate in the competition, please complete the questionnaire:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/15nGP56VDN3GOLrRvs0znDmLFXQNTYeM63F7iMrVzGhA/editThe deadline for applications is October 15, 2021.
The project is supported by the Chamber of Commerce of Munich and Upper Bavaria.
The objective of the meeting is to discuss both the challenges related to the monitoring of RECP measures and their implementation results after (approximately) five years since the completion of the EaP GREEN Programme; as well as to present lessons learned and ways forward in ensuring the continuous application of the RECP methodology in the EaP region, beyond 2022.
The meeting will also comprise of presentations and inputs related to implementing the RECP-related activities in each of 6 countries of the EaP region. The following issues will be discussed in detail:
1) Monitoring and embedding RECP into the business strategies of manufacturing enterprises
2) Institutional memory and incentives for enterprises to continue using RECP beyond the EU4Environment Action
3) Challenges, lessons learned, and ways forward in scaling up RECP
The event will bring together the UNIDO HQ team and the RECP Experts and representatives of UNIDO’s National Implementing Partners (NIPS) within the EU-funded EU4Environment Action.
Format: web-based video conference
Meeting link: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/85154484152
The EU4BCC project has launched another call at the beginning of July 2021.
The action implemented within EU4BCC is organised on a sectoral basis, which allows to create alliances between EU and Eastern Partnership businesses on a more specific basis. The aim of the project is to support sustainable economic development and job creation in the EaP countries by helping SMEs to grow – especially by promoting trade, encouraging inward investment, and fostering business links with companies in the EU.
The aim of the call for proposals is to identify, for each economic sector upon which the EU4BCC project is focused, partnerships of EU and EaP Business Support Organisations (BSOs) having a keen and common interest in elaborating, managing and implementing actions under the supervision of the relevant Sectorial Consortium.
The sectors involved in the call are Wine, Tourism, Textiles and Creative Industries.
The call plans to fund 28 grants through B2B matchings among SMEs, and Study visits among SMEs and BSOs.
For more information about the project you can check the EU4BCC website.
Please find here the link to the call.
An open call for expressions of interest launched by our local partner in Georgia, the Georgian Global Compact Network. The call aims to select SMEs from the agricultural and hospitality sectors in Georgia who will receive technical advisory services for developing eco-innovative business approaches, as part of the EU-funded EU4Environment programme.
The call is currently being advertised here: https://jobs.ge/en/?view=jobs&id=315528 and: https://www.facebook.com/GCNgeorgia/posts/3051375725188689
The deadline for submitting proposals is 12 August and for sending questions/requests for information until 29 July.
The online event provided an opportunity to share knowledge, exchange views, and improve the implementation of #RECP related activities.
Some of the discussed key-topics were
- Challenges, observations, and opportunities in managing RECP assessments and implementing measures
- Means to consolidate work with groups of enterprises (RECP clubs, Industrial Waste Mapping and Eco-Industrial Parks exercises)
- Increasing capacity building and improving visibility and outreach
The event brought together the UNIDO HQ team and the RECP Experts and representatives of UNIDO’s National Implementing Partners (NIPS) within the EU-funded EU4Environment Action.
For more details about EU4Environment, please visit: EU4Environment web page
Greening Small and Medium-sized Enterprises in Eastern Partnership countries – A Regional Event
Under the EU-funded “European Union for Environment” (EU4Environment) programme, the OECD, UNIDO and UNEP are organising a 2-day meeting to review progress in greening SMEs and to discuss opportunities for further strengthening the competitiveness of these businesses. During the meeting:
• Government representatives from EaP countries will share ongoing work on supporting the greening of SMEs, including new plans and policies, as well as examples of projects supported by the EU4Environment programme;
• Representatives from the manufacturing sector and business support organizations in the EaP region will provide insights on Resource Efficient and Cleaner Production (RECP) in manufacturing processes, including challenges and lessons learned; and
• SMEs from the EaP region and from EU member states will share experiences, lessons learned and best practices in reviewing their value chains and business strategies to improve their socio-environmental performance and overall competitiveness.
This 2-day meeting will be held on the 29th and 30th of June 2021 via the Zoom platform. Participants can register for the event using the following link: https://meetoecd1.zoom.us/j/95284070286? wd=T2h1NElrRXROMzhoTzRJYUlnb0VBZz09
Simultaneous English-Russian interpretation will be provided during the entire event.
We look forward to your participation!