RECP Georgia Project Publications
- Launch of Industrial Waste Mapping in Rustavi and Zestaponi municipalities in Georgia
In June, EU4Environment launches Industrial Waste Mapping (IWM) in two municipalities of Georgia – Rustavi and Zestaponi. Those two municipalities will benefit from piloting a robust industrial waste mapping exercise, which focuses on outlining the lifecycle of industrial waste, from its very inception at a production site until its final disposal.
Industrial waste mapping is a method to quantify and demonstrate the distribution and management of industrial waste within a geographic area. With a number of ways to design waste mapping and concrete successful examples being taken from around the world, industrial waste maps could become part of circular economy plans in which producers of waste are managing and reintroducing waste into the economy via resource loops. In Rustavi and Zestaponi municipalities of Georgia, the waste mapping exercise aims to identify, assess, and map the waste streams of the local manufacturing enterprises. Its main goal is to develop options for an improved resource efficiency and introduction of circular economy principles and practices.
The stakeholders of IWM activity, including the Georgian government, local government representatives, private companies, international experts and staff members from UNIDO and its national partners, will meet at the beginning of June. They will discuss IWM opportunities in Zestaponi and Rustavi to plan further steps and agree on the appropriate mapping methodology, available waste streams and industries in the region, and review comments and recommendations to adapt the forthcoming activities.
- Towards a Green Economy in Georgia.This brochure highlights activities under EU4Environment in 2019-20, showing concrete results in Georgia and at the regional level.
- Georgia: Towards Green and Resilient Growth; ECA Sustainable Development Environment, Natural Resources & Blue Economy
- EU4Business Country report Georgia 2020
- Guidelines and best practices for micro-, small and medium enterprises in Georgia in delivering energy-efficient products and in providing renewable energy equipment
- First Training Workshop for Resource Efficient and Cleaner Production Experts in Georgia
- EU4Environment supports a peer review coaching mechanism to scale up RECP demonstrations in Georgia
- EU4Environment fights for waste reduction in the EAP countries- EU4ENVIRONMENT
- Mini-study on Practices of Circular Economy Application
- Assessing the priorities and needs for National Waste Action Plan in Georgia
- GUIDANCE FOR MICRO, SMALL,AND MEDIUM ENTERPRISES BUSINESS RECOVERY in the Wake of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Women ‘s role in inclusive sustainable development. Publication of the Ukraine RECP Center on women’s role in inclusive and sustainable development.
- Project information leaflet 2021
- “Mapping Waste in the Food and Drink Industry”. A report for Defra and The Food and Drink Federation. Oakdene Hollins Research & Consulting. November 2010.
- Mapping Waste in the Food Industry. ”. A report for Defra and The Food and Drink Federation. Oakdene Hollins Research & Consulting. August 2008.
- The European List of Waste (Commission Decision (2014/955/EU)).
- Advanced assessments newsletter
- Opportunities and barriers for RECP financing in Georgia
- RECP project success Booklet 2014-2017
- RECP club newsletter
- Green economy newsletter
- Newsletter, July 2017
- Project Information Leaflet 2017
- RECP Clubs in Georgia 2015-2016. Success stories
- Facilitator’s manual
- RECP Manual for Enterprises
- RECP in Georgian Enterprises 2014-2016. Success stories
- RECP Pocket Guide for the Dairy sector (Georgian)
- RECP Pocket Guide for the Construction Materials Sector (Georgian)
- RECP Pocket Guide for Chemical Industry
RECP Demonstration Project in Georgia (EaP GREEN) became an Observer Member of the Global Network for Resource Efficient and Cleaner production- RECPnet, UNIDO, UNEP, 2015
RESPONSIBLE PRODUCTION HANDBOOK, UNEP, 2010
PRINCIPLES OF POLLUTION PREVENTION AND CLEANER PRODUCTION AN INTERNATIONAL TRAINING COURSE,PARTICIPANT’S MANUA,UNITED STATES ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION AGENCY, 1998
GUIDELINES FOR WRITING CLEANER PRODUCTION CASE STUDIES,EPA Victoria Publication, 2001
Measuring The Green Transformation Of The Economy: Guide For EU Eastern Partnership Countries. EaP GREEN (2016),Paris