The objective of the meeting is to discuss both the challenges related to the monitoring of RECP measures and their implementation results after (approximately) five years since the completion of the EaP GREEN Programme; as well as to present lessons learned and ways forward in ensuring the continuous application of the RECP methodology in the EaP region, beyond 2022.
The meeting will also comprise of presentations and inputs related to implementing the RECP-related activities in each of 6 countries of the EaP region. The following issues will be discussed in detail:
1) Monitoring and embedding RECP into the business strategies of manufacturing enterprises
2) Institutional memory and incentives for enterprises to continue using RECP beyond the EU4Environment Action
3) Challenges, lessons learned, and ways forward in scaling up RECP
The event will bring together the UNIDO HQ team and the RECP Experts and representatives of UNIDO’s National Implementing Partners (NIPS) within the EU-funded EU4Environment Action.
Format: web-based video conference
Meeting link: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/85154484152
The EU4BCC project has launched another call at the beginning of July 2021.
The action implemented within EU4BCC is organised on a sectoral basis, which allows to create alliances between EU and Eastern Partnership businesses on a more specific basis. The aim of the project is to support sustainable economic development and job creation in the EaP countries by helping SMEs to grow – especially by promoting trade, encouraging inward investment, and fostering business links with companies in the EU.
The aim of the call for proposals is to identify, for each economic sector upon which the EU4BCC project is focused, partnerships of EU and EaP Business Support Organisations (BSOs) having a keen and common interest in elaborating, managing and implementing actions under the supervision of the relevant Sectorial Consortium.
The sectors involved in the call are Wine, Tourism, Textiles and Creative Industries.
The call plans to fund 28 grants through B2B matchings among SMEs, and Study visits among SMEs and BSOs.
For more information about the project you can check the EU4BCC website.
Please find here the link to the call.
An open call for expressions of interest launched by our local partner in Georgia, the Georgian Global Compact Network. The call aims to select SMEs from the agricultural and hospitality sectors in Georgia who will receive technical advisory services for developing eco-innovative business approaches, as part of the EU-funded EU4Environment programme.
The call is currently being advertised here: https://jobs.ge/en/?view=jobs&id=315528 and: https://www.facebook.com/GCNgeorgia/posts/3051375725188689
The deadline for submitting proposals is 12 August and for sending questions/requests for information until 29 July.
The online event provided an opportunity to share knowledge, exchange views, and improve the implementation of #RECP related activities.
Some of the discussed key-topics were
- Challenges, observations, and opportunities in managing RECP assessments and implementing measures
- Means to consolidate work with groups of enterprises (RECP clubs, Industrial Waste Mapping and Eco-Industrial Parks exercises)
- Increasing capacity building and improving visibility and outreach
The event brought together the UNIDO HQ team and the RECP Experts and representatives of UNIDO’s National Implementing Partners (NIPS) within the EU-funded EU4Environment Action.
For more details about EU4Environment, please visit: EU4Environment web page
Greening Small and Medium-sized Enterprises in Eastern Partnership countries – A Regional Event
Under the EU-funded “European Union for Environment” (EU4Environment) programme, the OECD, UNIDO and UNEP are organising a 2-day meeting to review progress in greening SMEs and to discuss opportunities for further strengthening the competitiveness of these businesses. During the meeting:
• Government representatives from EaP countries will share ongoing work on supporting the greening of SMEs, including new plans and policies, as well as examples of projects supported by the EU4Environment programme;
• Representatives from the manufacturing sector and business support organizations in the EaP region will provide insights on Resource Efficient and Cleaner Production (RECP) in manufacturing processes, including challenges and lessons learned; and
• SMEs from the EaP region and from EU member states will share experiences, lessons learned and best practices in reviewing their value chains and business strategies to improve their socio-environmental performance and overall competitiveness.
This 2-day meeting will be held on the 29th and 30th of June 2021 via the Zoom platform. Participants can register for the event using the following link: https://meetoecd1.zoom.us/j/95284070286? wd=T2h1NElrRXROMzhoTzRJYUlnb0VBZz09
Simultaneous English-Russian interpretation will be provided during the entire event.
We look forward to your participation!
The E-cards address a variety of topical issues, such as:
1. Why should my company become greener?
2. Why should I choose the Resource Efficient and Cleaner Production methodology to become greener?
3. How Resource Efficient and Cleaner Production helps to reduce costs?
4. What are the concrete steps of Resource Efficient and Cleaner Production implementation?
5. What support is available for companies?
6. How can I use ‘green’ technologies in Georgia?
E-cards on RECP in all EaP languages
Please note that the ecards could be embedded like a video to any external website via the link <embed>.
Specific objective at this stage is to learn and develop practical skills on the detailed RECP assessment in accordance to UNIDO RECP methodology, and covers all subjects in the UNIDO modules 6-12, including:
- Scope of RECP detailed assessment
- Specific aspects of mass-, water-, energy balance
- Cause-root analysis and options generation techniques
- How to perform technical, economic and environmental feasibility assessments
- Business planning techniques
- How to link RECP to management systems
The training workshop 2 will comprise of two distinct events:
- One day online training focused at performing the detailed RECP assessment
- Two-days online training sessions focused at feasibility assessment and implementation of RECP measures
The tentative number of participants for every workshop is about 30 persons.
A kick-off stakeholders meeting on industrial waste mapping (IWM) under the framework of the “Circular Economy and New Growth Opportunities” Component of the EU- funded “EU4Environment” Action with the purpose to provide a better understanding of what are industrial waste management and waste mapping, and how they can benefit businesses, environment and civil society.
This event focuses on three key objectives:
- provide a better understanding of waste management, industrial waste mapping and its benefits for national manufacturing enterprises;
- discuss new opportunities related to industrial waste mapping as a means to improve waste management in selected municipalities;
- explore how waste types can be mapped, and what further steps are planned in this project.
The meeting will gather around 25 participants from the Ministry of Environmental Protection and Agriculture, Ministry of Economy and Sustainable Development, representatives from the Rustavi Municipality and from the Zestaponi Municipality, industrial companies, waste recycling companies, representatives from the lead international partner in SWECO, UNIDO, National Implementing Partner (Energy Efficiency Center) and REC Caucasus.
The event will be organized online via ZOOM platform on June 1, 2021 (14:00 – 15:35 GET). The meeting will be held in Georgian.