The event was covered by TV Channel Rioni.
Chemicals Management and Developing RECP Action Plan
Training on Module 5 – Chemicals Management and Module 6 – Developing RECP Action Plan for the Kutaisi RECP Club was organized in the USAID’s Center for Civic Engagement in Kutaisi city (Pushkini str. #6) on June 23, 2016.
Assess progress on topics from previous training;Javshanashvili – RECP Club Facilitator provided training on Module 5 – Chemicals Management and Module 6 – Developing RECP Action Plan. The training on Module 5 included following topics:
- WHAT are the implications of intensive chemicals use;
- WHY to introduce chemicals’ management, Basics of chemicals classification and labeling according to GHG;
- HOW to manage chemicals and hazardous waste;
- HOW to avoid and reduce chemicals and hazardous waste;
- Practical exercise for understanding the chemicals management practice;
- Introduction of worksheet for chemicals data collection;
- Assignment of tasks and responsibilities;
- National challenges;
- Typical problems and typical solutions of them;
- RECP Options to avoid and reduce chemicals and hazardous waste.
The training on Module 6 included following topics:
- WHAT is an Action Plan;
- WHY is needed an Action Plan;
- HOW to build RECP Action Plan;
- HOW to monitor RECP benefits;
- Practical exercise on the development of an Action Plan;
- Introduction of worksheet for action planning;
- What will be next step.
RECP Club Facilitator and companies’ representatives had discussion about the actual situation with the chemicals usage and reduction of chemical waste generation. The companies’ representatives once again provided information concerning their problematic issues and challenges, such as lack of infrastructure, financial barriers they are facing, etc.
UNIDO/RECP Georgian team will continue working with the companies to strengthen their motivation and to increase their companies’ performance.
The companies expressed their expectations on investments for implementation RECP options and requested assistance for receiving preferential credits from local and international banks and donors.