Second training of national experts in Resource Efficient and Cleaner Production (RECP) methods was organized on 11-14 August 2014 in Tbilisi in the Energy Efficiency Center Georgia (EEC). The training was provided by international expert Mr. Mirko Lesnjak. Ten national experts participated in the training. On 11-th of August, the national experts presented their work done for initial RECP assessment of selected companies. They presented information collected, challenges faced and initial findings for RECP opportunities in the companies.
On 12-13 August the national experts were introduced to six modules of RECP:
Module 7. Feasibility studies
Module 8. RECP options for energy efficiency
Module 9. RECP options for materials and wastes
Module 10. RECP options for water and effluents
Module 11. RECP options for chemicals management
Module 12. Management systems
The international expert provided further instructions to national experts on feasibility studies and common technical and organizational RECP opportunities in the key domains of energy, water and waste water, materials and waste and chemicals.
On 14 August the international and national experts visited three companies in Tbilisi and Rustavi for practical application of the knowledge in RECP assessment gained during the training.
List of training participants
Following the training the experts visited three companies for practical application of the knowledge in RECP assessment gained during the training:
1. “ Q.B.Construction” Ltd . Production of foam concrete blocks. Address: #32, Ts. Dadiani str., Tbilisi. www.qapiblocki.ge
2. Ltd “Sinali”, Scrap Aluminum, Ingots and Dross. Production of aluminum dross. Address: #3, King Pharnavaz str. Tbilisi
3. Mnchemical Georgia LLC. Production of manganese dioxide and feed grade manganese oxide. Address: #2, Mshvidobis Str., Rustavi. www.mnchemical.ge
Initial training of national experts in Resource Efficient and Cleaner Production (RECP) methods was organized on 14-15 April in Tbilisi in the Georgian Energy Efficiency Center (EEC). The training was provide by international expert Mr. Mirko Lesnjak. Fifteen national experts participated in the training. They were introduced to initial 6 modules of the RECP methodology:
Module 1 RECP Concept and Practice
Module 2. RECP Baseline and Indicators
Module 3. RECP Assessment
Module 4. Motivation and Team Building
Module 5. Initial Assessment
Module 6. Detailed Assessment Part 1
Module 6. Detailed Assessment Part 2
Module 6. Detailed Assessment Part 3
Training Agenda ; List of participants
Following the training the experts visited eight companies for practical application of the knowledge in RECP assessment gained during the training:
- Joint Stock Company “SARINI”. Metal constructions. Rustavi, Javakhishvili street #9. www.sarini.ge
- Ltd “RUSMETALI”. Production of silico-manganese. Rustavi, Mari Canal street #174. www.rusmetali.com
- Join Stock Company “EcOil”. Oil production. Tbilisi, Kindzmarauli street #15. www.ecoil.ge
- Road constructions company “Tbilisi”, #1 Asphalt Plant. Asphalt production. Tbilisi, Phonichala.
- LTD “Devis Puri”. Bakery products. Tbilisi, Temqa, block 10.
- Gori Feeding Cannery Kula.Food and non-alcoholic beverages. Gori, Shindisi street #17. www.kula.ge
- LTD “Dzevera- 2009”. Poultry. Village Dzevera, Gori Municipality. www.poults.ge
- LTD “DIO”. PVC windows and doors. Tbilisi, Agmasheneblis Kheivani 12 km. www.dio.ge